We are a nonprofit 501(c)(3) charitable organization. The Camp Discovery Board is very grateful to our past and current supporters, who have provided the resources to allow us to make Camp available to all children at absolutely no cost. Everyone involved with Camp Discovery is a volunteer and no salaries or stipends are granted. No fees or tuition are charged to the parents.
Funds are raised from local organizations like Count Your Blessing, the Doylestown Rotary, the Newtown Rotary, the Greater Newtown Exchange Club, the Ludwig Foundation, Bucks County Retired Teachers as well as many individual donations.
In recent years, fundraising has been more challenging than ever. The biggest expense is the rental of the campground followed by the cost of feeding 100 people every day for the week. Unfortunately, costs are rising, and donations are becoming more difficult to obtain. Even with our amazing team of volunteers, we need financial resources for food and rental costs, insurance, class supplies and much more. Along with financial donations, the following items are always appreciated.
• Travel size personal items such as soap, deodorant, toothpaste and brushes, shampoo and conditioner. We do not accept used items.
• Towels, sleeping bags, sheets and pillows. We do not accept used items.
• Clothing for children 8 to 11 such as shoes or flip flops, socks, underwear, t-shirts, and bathing suits. We do not accept used items.
• Flashlights, bug repellent, sun screen
• String Art and gimp, crayons and markers, paints, pens and pencils, glue and scissors, construction paper, stickers, other misc. craft items
• Basketballs, kickballs, footballs, frisbees, Wiffle balls and bats
• Kickboards, floating noodles, children’s goggles and nose plugs
• Board games
• Please contact us about donating any food related items
Thank you to the following people and organizations that have helped in a significant way to make Camp Discovery throughout the years: C.W. and Marjorie J. Schrenk Family Foundation, Ivyland Printers, New Hope Photo, Kellogg-Keebler, Clowns R Us, Peacable Kingdom, TADDO, Bucks County Retired Teachers, PSEA-Retired, Prudential Community Impact Matching Grants, Rotary Club of Doylestown, Kiwanis Club of Levittown-Bristol, The Greater Newtown Exchange Club, St. Luke’s Episcopal Church Newtown, Travelers Insurance Foundation, Teaneck High School, NOVA of Bucks County, Foundations Community Partnership, Shining Knights Chess, Organnon’s Fresh Market and the multitude of families and friends of counselors and staff of Camp Discovery for their personal donations.