The Lenape Indians were the first to camp at Deer Park as they migrated across the area. In the late 1800s, Deer Park was established as a fish and game club, with lodges for those who wanted to escape Philadelphia and enjoy the great outdoors.
Today, Deer Park is owned by Community of Christ. It was purchased in 1921 to serve as a place to hold church camps for youth and families. From the beginning, Deer Park has opened its doors to the community, hosting picnics, celebrations and festivals.
Deer Park is permanently preserved as a place of peace. In 2001, they signed a conservation easement with Solebury Township that ensures the property will never be developed and will always be a Natural Sanctuary.
Deer Park has four separate buildings for gathering and activities. The Grand Pavilion can host up to 180 guests, in a historic, one-of-a-kind building. The Education Hall and Meetinghouse are each air-conditioned with space for up to 120 and 60 people, respectively. The Dining Hall is the perfect place for meals, for up to 180 people.
The air-conditioned Lodge has twelve bedrooms that can accommodate up to 48 guests, plus a separate kitchen, showers and restrooms. There are also 22 cabins scattered across the grounds that can sleep up to 140 people, with two large bathhouses.
Deer Park is spread across 76 acres although we only use a few. Come swim in the in-ground pool. Enjoy a stroll through the Grove. Relax in the peace garden. Don't forget our nightly camp fires by the fire pit!
To ensure the privacy of our campers and other renters throughout the year, Deer Park Camp is a closed facility. Please contact us if you are interested in taking a tour of the grounds.